Proto for Paid Dues

Download "3rd Notice" FREE

October 18, 2009

Good Poet



THE PREFACE

So being a host of an open mic and a National Slam Poet, I get the honor to meet and befriend a lot of talented poets/musicians. Unfortunately this isn't always a good thing. Often times I get the great pleasure of finding out that these people aren't always all they are cracked up to be and often times live they life in blatant contradiction to how they put themselves out there in their art. It's truly a sad story and it's hard to appreciate someone's beautiful art when in fact, they are a *beep* hole in their everyday life.

So... when something affects me a great deal (positively or negatively) I usually write about it. This is what came up.

THE POEM

“Good Poet”
By: William “The Prototype” Bissic of the Urban Poets Crew

I love your poetry
Your words, they inspire me
Your position enlightens me
But I don’t wanna know your real name Good Poet
Because I’m tired of being deceived
And often times I believe, that you are the same in the streets
As you are in your piece, so please
I don’t wanna know your real name Good Poet
Cause you talk a big game, but you walk a bit lame
But your words, they inspire me
I just wish they’d inspire you
See you have the power to make an atheist, God-fearing
Or the God-fearing, agnostic
You could talk a gay man straight, or your girlfriend Bi
Because of some weird fantasy you wanted to try
Your words they inspire me
But now the inspiration is distant, and your poetry, fiction
I’ve seen your true colors and you’re colorful
But truth, truth’s missing
I WISH I NEVER KNEW YOUR REAL NAME GOOD POET!
But your words, they inspire me
Your position enlightens me
But so does Aesop, and well, Aesop spits fables
But at least with Aesop your able to decipher truth from make believe
While you make us believe your piece on peace is a piece of you
When your piece is just a piece of who you wanna be, and that’s just for the time being
You’re no poet, you’re a storyteller
A magician like Penn & Teller, but with words
With words you’ve made doubt disappear
With words you’ve made dreams reappear
With words you’ve made YOU appear like a piece of what I wanted to be
I WISH I NEVER KNEW YOUR REAL NAME GOOD POET!
Cause with every truth, a lie is revealed
And with every lie, a truth is concealed
And these damn stage lights make it easier still, to see only what you wanna see
A Good Poet minus their hypocrisy
A Good Poet unflawed and inspirational
I WISH I NEVER KNEW YOUR NAME GOOD POET!
But your words, they still inspire me
Hopefully they’ll inspire you
To be who you appear to be
A Good Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Press