Proto for Paid Dues

Download "3rd Notice" FREE

October 21, 2009

Fried Catfish attempt ends up scarring me for life...



So the first picture is of my younger brother Derrick in my kitchen fryin up some catfish. I sat the sidelines taking notes on his preparation, choice of seasonings, and technique, knowing that ONE day I too will make some fried catfish.

That day came. I was all amped to make my wife some fried catfish and rice. I had all the same ingredients, remembered exactly what he did. I could almost taste it while I was getting it all ready to rock. I wash out the pot and put it on the stove. Poured in the oil. Set it to boil. About 2 minutes later it kinda spit up at me a lil so I turned the range down.

Fish is all prepared and I drop it in the oil. As I'm walking by the stove to the fridge, this bastard of a meal explodes and shoots oil over 15feet up our walls, the whole kitchen, and yes.... half of my body.

Apparently I was SUPPOSED to dry the pot before I put the oil in. I guess boiling oil and water don't mix?

Catfish fail.



The worst part is.. it smelled so good minus the added aroma of burnt flesh. Ohhh and my wife had to clean the kitchen for like 2hours while I bathed in ice water and Aloe Vera. I love you baby... Next time its going to work.

I PROMISE

Proto

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE NOT A DOMESTIC GODESS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know there's easier ways to get your wife to clean the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Press