Proto for Paid Dues

Download "3rd Notice" FREE

November 01, 2009

To be free or not to be free?


I'm an avid craigslist shopper and even when I don't have the extra loot to buy new toys, I window shop (Internet Explorer 8 window shop that is). Usually I look for new musical equipment and instruments for my studio, but every once in a while I browse through the FREE classifieds.

I don't know about you, but I have a pet peeve for those people, not just giving away junk, but taking the time out of their day to post an ad for stuff like "free broken oscillating fan from K-mart" or "2 free moving boxes."

What is worse is the fact that they have the nerve to take pictures of this crap, upload it to craigslist along with a detailed description (of TRASH), with a phone number or an email address to be contacted. I assume that the average time invested in setting up the Ad is about 30 mins and taking phone calls around the clock from people asking for more information (of TRASH) has to be annoying. Not to mention setting up a time and place to meet someone to hand over the goods (TRASH) has to be a pain, because you wouldn't want a connoisseur of TRASH to know where you live (beacause he/she is an obvious CREEPER).

So why do people do this? I guess there are people out there that have too much extra free time and energy. If you are one of those people, please contact me. I'm sure I can find a productive way for you to help me, and in turn I will help you get rid of that extra time and energy. Sounds fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Press